Blog Archive

Sunday, July 7, 2013

I'm Back and My Calves are Killing Me



I haven’t blogged since December. I guess life got in the way which is really no excuse at all. I got engaged and have spent the last 3 months under intense wedding planning and moving to a new apartment. The blessings are numerous and exciting right now. 


As part of a recent move and dress purchase, I decided to join a gym. I have never been shy about my odd relationship with exercise. At times in my life, exercise and I are in a co-dependent relationship. Then other times (like the last year) we are total strangers.  But I have now decided enough is enough and I joined the local gym. I’m excited about this gym. It isn’t a nationwide chain and they provide a lot of personal attention which I need. 


Now I took this new beginning one step further than I previously had ever before. I got over my fear and booked a personal trainer. To my surprise, I didn’t die, throw up, or sweat profusely, and I even made it through the workout. I met with him on Friday for a leg work out and my calves are killing me but it’s well worth it. 


The greatest thing this new venture does for me is provide the much needed accountability I have been lacking in my exercise. We already have a future date set at which point I will have to account for the exercising I have or have not been doing.  That’s enough for me to get to the gym and exercise. I have always been kidding myself anytime I start a new routine alone. Exercise will never be an area where I am a self-motivated. The fact that I never previously sought out an accountability partner stronger than I to keep my physical activity on track, shows my lack of intent in this area. No more excuses here. 


And I guess no more excuses means painful calves. Ouch! Wish I didn’t get the 2-story apartment with stairs.

Today’s Verse: The law was brought in so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more, so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord,” Romans 5:20-21.

No comments:

Post a Comment